Advance your career to the highest level for dive instructors with SDI/TDI/ERDI. Become an Instructor Trainer
The ITW is an intense eight day program that includes academic, pool and open water sessions. To see the prerequisites and requirements for completion, review the IT Staff and IT Standards in the current SDI/TDI/ERDI Instructor Standards. Download the application to get started.
Sign up Today to reserve your seat at the next ITW
To apply, complete the downloadable application; submit a credit card number with a $500.00 deposit to reserve your spot.
Available Dates and Locations
- Dates and locations coming soon for 2014
Make sure and email in your completed applications to your Regional Office or the contact listed above
Who is this course open to: Any Open Water Scuba Diver Instructor who meets the prerequisites (minimum 200 certification for IT and 150 certifications for IT Staff Instructor) outlined in the SDI, TDI or ERDI Standards and Procedures Manual.
What will the course consist of: You will spend 7 days working directly with headquarters staff presenting and evaluating various subjects such as: methods of instruction, dive leader risk management, the business of scuba diving, as well as teaching SDI,TDI and ERDI instructor level courses. You will also present and evaluate in-water presentations and skills, participate in class discussions, and take the ITW final written exam.
How much is the course: $3,000 USD
Why become an Instructor Trainer: As an Instructor Trainer, you have reached the top of the food chain in the Scuba diving world. You are able to train instructors, staff Instructor Trainer Workshops, and conduct crossover programs for diving professionals. After successfully completing the ITW, you may qualify as an Instructor Trainer for TDI and ERDI courses as you build experience teaching at those levels without needing to attend another ITW. As an Instructor Trainer, you will also have the ability to expand your dive center’s instructor base as well as increase revenue.
Instructor Trainer Prerequisites
- Minimum age 21
- Provide proof of 300 logged dives
- Be an active SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Instructor who has assisted with 1 complete instructor development course (IDC)
- Have issued a minimum of 200 SDI Diver certifications at various levels, or equivalent, suggested levels as define below:
- 150 open water scuba diver
- 20 rescue diver
- 25 specialty diver
- 5 divemaster or assistant instructor
- A minimum of 50 of the required student certifications must be SDI unless authorized in writing by SDI Training Department prior to course commencement
- Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen provider, where local law permits
- Have a current medical examination for scuba diving signed by a licensed physician
If you meet these prerequisites, complete the downloadable application; submit a credit card number with a $500.00 deposit to reserve your spot.