||ERD Tender Course
- Next Available: March 20-21, 2015
- Upcoming Dates:
More 2015 dates coming soon…
ERDI World Headquarters
1045 NE Industrial Blvd.
Jensen Beach, FL 34957
The ERD Tender course trains team personnel to properly tend line, effectively communicate, and perform a crucial non-diving role within a public safety dive team. The ERD Tender is instrumental to the successful completion of a mission.
Who is this course for:
- Any public safety professional who would like to participate in public safety diving operations in a non-diving role
- Any public safety dive professional that has not been formally trained on proper diver tending
What you can expect to learn:
- How to efficiently structure and operate a team
- Effective communication through line signals and electronic communication systems
- Diver Safety: calculating air consumption rates ,choosing the right diver for onsite conditions
- Site mapping and proper documentation
- Scene evaluation
ERD Tender students should expect to take a lot of notes and spend time analyzing outcomes of practical sessions, to prepare for their next callout. Students will learn and master tending skills in both confined and open water settings. ERD Tenders students will also learn to choose proper personal protective equipment (PPE), become well acquainted with PPE, crime scene recognition, various search patterns, and decontamination procedures.
What’s in it for you and your team: Reinforcing training to better prepare you and your team to handle any scenario.
ERD Tender Technician level minimum requirements:
- Successfully complete 200 metre swim, 100 metre buddy tow with PFD, 10 minute survival float
- Demonstrate mastery of line signals, and tether communications
- Perform at least two search patterns