|As the first in a series of overhead courses, the TDI Cavern Diving Instructor Evaluation Course takes a serious look at the professionalism and skills of the candidates. Instructor candidates are evaluated for their level of knowledge and proficiency in presenting a TDI Cavern course as well as their proficiency in demonstrating land and water skills.
While keeping a close eye on the overall attitude towards safety, the evaluator also considers the candidate’s ability to develop skilled, efficient and well educated divers that are aware of the environmental impact that divers may have in cavern systems.
Cavern Instructor Course prerequisites:
- Minimum age 21
- Certified as an open water instructor in active teaching status with an internationally recognized scuba training agency for at least 1 year
- Have a minimum certification of TDI Nitrox Instructor or equivalent; a TDI Full Cave certification or equivalent (NACD or NSS-CDS)
- Provide proof of at least 100 full cave dives
- Provide proof of teaching a minimum of 4 TDI courses and assisting with a minimum of 1 complete TDI Cavern Diver course with 1 active TDI Cave Diver Instructor
- Provide recommendation from a TDI Cave Instructor with which the candidate has assisted in cavern training classes and stating that the candidate is prepared for the instructor evaluation program