Far and above, the TDI Rebreather Full Cave Diver Instructor rating is an outstanding accomplishment few can claim. Arriving at the Rebreather Cave Diver Instructor Evaluation, the candidate has assisted an instructor teach a minimum of two Rebreather Cavern courses, two Rebreather Introductory Cave Diver courses, and two Rebreather Full Cave Diver courses.
The candidate must provide their TDI Rebreather Cave Instructor Evaluator with a letter of recommendation from a Rebreather Full Cave Instructor they have assisted (this must be an instructor other than who is conducting the evaluation).
The evaluation will include a thorough examination of the candidate’s abilities to communicate and teach rebreather cave diving techniques, as well as evaluate the candidates own skills as a rebreather cave diver. The candidate will conduct a minimum of six dives with the evaluator: two dives at the cavern level, two dives at the introductory cave level, and two dives at the full cave level. The candidate will be required to perform all skills from the rebreather cave diving programs at a demonstration quality level.
Rebreather Full Cave Instructor Prerequisites:
- Minimum age 21
- Be a certified as an open water instructor in active teaching status with an internationally recognized scuba training agency for at least 2 years
- Be certified as a TDI Rebreather Full Cave Diver or equivalent
- Provide proof of at least 200 full-cave dives, a minimum of 100 of these dives must be rebreather cave dives
- Have a minimum of TDI CCR Air Diluent Decompression Procedures Instructor certification or equivalent
- Have a minimum of 1 year rebreather teaching experience
- Have certified a minimum of 25 rebreather divers at any level
- Provide proof of assisting with at least 2 courses in each of the 3 levels of TDI Rebreather Cave training
- Provide recommendation from a TDI Rebreather Cave Instructor with whom the candidate has assisted a minimum of 1 course with. This must be an instructor other than the Instructor Trainer conducting the Instructor Evaluation.
Interested in Teaching Rebreather Full Cave Diver?
Please contact TDI to inquire about this course:
- Email: Training@tdisdi.com
- Phone: 1.207.729.4201
- Contact your local regional office
|Course Standards & Procedures|