Chat Live with an Instructor during your eLearning Course
ELearning has been great – for every industry and educational institution. That is not to say we can’t improve upon it. One of the key comments by students taking an elearning course today, regardless of the industry or subject, is there is little to no contact with a teacher while the student is in the middle of the elearning course. Students want to ask questions or have concepts explained to them in more detail while they are taking the course. Well, SDI/TDI/ERDI is staffed by multiple professional educators with a vast amount of teaching and diving experience. With each student now having the ability to communicate directly with an instructor instantly, this addresses the concern.
Here are some of the benefits to the chat feature during your eLearning course:
- Students may interact with an instructor while they take their courses, in real time,
- Instructors will be HQ personnel who:
- Know who the student is
- Where they are chatting from
- What dive center they are taking the course with
- Which allows us to know which instructor they will take their course with
- What equipment they will be using – i.e. brands the dive center uses
- Will always refer the students back to the dive center they are registered through
- Which is part of the training program all HQ personnel go through during their initial training
- All Chats will be recorded and forwarded to the dive center the student is taking the course with so the dive center instructor is aware of what was discussed. This allows the instructor to follow up with the student and make sure the student understands the respective topic.
- Dive centers will now have an expanded staff of diving educators who can assist in educating their divers… AT NO ADDITIONAL COST.
Understanding the need for a better eLearning experience.
Take a look at our previous blog post “How eLearning is Failing the Dive Industry, and what we can do to fix it” and see where some of the inspiration for allow chat on eLearning came about.
Interested in an eLearning Course? Signup for courses here »