Who is this course for:
- Any team that is deploying divers in to the water
- Any team that has not been formal trained on the proper tending of divers
What you can expect to learn:
- Team structure
- Effective communication with the diver via, line signals and electronic communication
- Diver safety by: choosing the right diver for the conditions, air consumption calculations
- Mapping and documentation
- Scene evaluation
Tenders should expect to take lots of notes and spend time analyzing outcomes to be prepared for the next callout. Learning the proper PPE for the tender and spending long hours in that PPE, crime scene recognition, search patterns and decontamination procedures are some more of the topics covered. In addition, ERD Tender students learn and master tending skills in both confined water and open water settings.
What’s in it for you and your team: a stronger team structure that is better rounded and prepared to handle any situation.
ERD Tender Technician level minimum requirements:
- One confined water session
- Four hours confined water training
- Six hours open water training
How to Take This Course?
- Available as an Online Course:Start eLearning today!
- Find an Instructor for this Course: here.
- Find you local Dive Center: here.
- Course Cost: $119.95 USD for eLearning only. Pool and open water training not included. Contact your local dive shop for full course cost.
Course Standards & Procedures