ERDI Underwater Crime Scene Investigation
The purpose of the ERDI Underwater Crime Scene Investigations Program is to provide necessary skills and knowledge in performing underwater crime scene investigations, preservation, and proper documentation for court-ready testimony.
Who this course is for:
- Certified Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T) officials, Coroners, Deputy Coroners, Certified Medical Legal Investigators (ABMDI)
- Search and recovery dive personnel, rescue personnel who may respond to an in-water evidence search or a water related drowning
- The public safety diver who may encounter potential evidence
- Minimum age 18
- Should be an active member of a law enforcement investigation agency or emergency first response group.
What you can expect to learn:
- Review of Bill of Rights
- Establishing a crime scene and terms/definitions used in the industry
- Witness interviewing and types of evidence
- Methods of documenting scenes
- Photographing, sketching
- Accident vs. Fatality
- Search patterns and securing evidence
- Body decomposition and physiology of drowning
- Body recovery and handling procedures
- Scene control and court document preparation
What’s in it for you and your team?
- Extensive diver training to allow for more team capabilities, diver response and mission completion
- Working together as a team for crowd control and with supporting officers
- Synchronized training that allows for proper evidence recovery and handling