Information about the newest educational innovation from SDI™, TDI™
1. Q: I’m sold on the benefits of SDI™ online training for open water and specialties like nitrox, wreck, deep, navigation and so on, but why Divemaster?
A: Often, the instructor who is best suited to develop dive leaders is the one person who has the least time available. The perfect solution is blended learning through SDI’s online training. The proven online system moves your divemaster candidates through their academics freeing up valuable instructor time to work hands-on with them to refine their leadership qualities as well as diving, risk-management, and dive business skills.
2. Q: Do all my DM candidates have to do all the academics online now?
A: No, you can still teach a DM course the way you have always done with traditional classroom. However, we believe you will find that your candidates come to class much more prepared if they do the program online first.
3. Q: How do I get my dive center signed up for this program?
A: Simply contact either your local Regional Manager, or HQ and both can assist in setting up your facility to do the program.
4. Q: If am already using the online program to do Open Water or Specialties is my facility already set up?
A: Yes and no. Yes your facility is listed in the new website as an active online facility, but no you have to use a different link for this course. www.sdi-onlinetraining.comleadership
5. Q: If I have a link off of my own website to the online program for my own students, do I have to create another link to give access to my students for the DM program?
A: Yes, you can get the unique link using your username and password as a login in on www.sdi-onlinetraining.comleadership
6. Q: If a student signs up on the website and pays with a credit card directly on the site, what is the amount my facility gets?
A: The facility is issued a $225 credit and HQ takes care of shipping all the materials they need directly to the dive facility, including a DM manual, Knowledge Quest, and other items.
7. Q: Can I buy access codes at a discounted rate as I do for the other online courses?
A: Yes, the amount of the discount depends on the facility current buying level.
8. Q: Are all DM candidates required to choose a dive center to be affiliated with when signing up?
A: Yes, all SDI courses must be taught through a recognized dive center.
9. Q: If I purchase codes for a DM candidate, is my dive center automatically chosen and locked in as the facility as it is with the other online courses?
A: Yes, DM candidates that sign up using an access code you provide to them or via your websites unique link are locked in as your students and you are given the credit.
10. Q: Is there a user manual for facilities to understand better how the system works?
A: Yes, you can download one off of the members section of the website or contact your regional manager or HQ.
Contact your local SDI, TDI representative or call Cris Merz at 888.778.9073 for more information. Cris can also be contacted via email firstname.lastname@example.org