And now PFI
By joining forces with Performance Freediving International (PFI), ITI continues its tradition of innovation. It makes sense to team up with such a highly recognized organization. After all, PFI is a trendsetter like the rest of International Training. Among its accomplishments:
- PFI is the oldest freediving-specific agency in the Americas. They have the oldest formal freediving. course standards and procedures in the world. They have the experience necessary to develop and continue to create successful programs.
- PFI is the leader in developing effective programs. Every agency in the world utilizes techniques developed by PFI. PFI has the knowledge and experience to continue developing such programs.
- PFI emphasizes proper technique, even in entry-level courses. This builds a strong foundation on which students can advance their freediving abilities. Just getting to the plate isn’t enough. PFI wants you to get there and back safely.
- With PFI, you learn from some of the top freediving instructors in the world. We don’t lower standards for instructor candidates. We build candidates up to our standards through a rigid but fun instructor learning environment that not only builds a candidates passion but prepares them to be thorough in their teaching.
- PFI’s proven techniques have helped establish 23 world records and hundreds of national records.
- The only agency whose instructors provide training for US, Canadian and British special forces.
- PFI is the program used by top athletes for cross-training, such as Red Bull and US and Canadian Olympic team members.
- PFI students get more in-water time than most. The recommendation for the Freediver course is two confined-water and two open-water sessions. For Intermediate Freediver, it is two confined-water and three open-water sessions.
- PFI is continually evolving to create newer, safer and more productive techniques. The goal here is to open freediving to a broader audience.
- PFI’s in-depth knowledge base stems from years of experience. PFI has been involved in numerous studies by universities and private organizations.
ITI wants its members to be able to offer programs which are highly respected and widely sought. We are proud to add PFI to the ITI family. By joining with ITI, PFI can further expand its global reach and the value it offers members. This starts with updated student and instructor materials, including brand-new eLearning programs.
Want to know how you can offer PFI programs? Call ITI World Headquarters or contact your local Regional Office or Regional Manager.