Content Marketing Specialist (Multiple Positions Globally)
International Training (TDI, SDI, ERDI, PFI, and First Response Training International) is growing its marketing team and looking for people who are passionate about SCUBA diving AND marketing.
As a Content Marketing Specialist, you will take ownership of our content marketing program and help take International Training to the next level by expanding our digital footprint and driving brand awareness. You’ll spend lots of time crafting compelling posts to share across our social media channels, sourcing, editing and preparing articles to be published on our blog, sourcing and editing eye-catching graphics, and writing creative, clickable copy. The role will require you to be both creative and analytical and you must exhibit excellent attention to detail and take direction well.
You’ll be tasked with increasing traffic to our website (especially through organic search, social, and email channels), growing our social media presence and newsletter list, and keeping a pulse on the latest and greatest in content marketing to help identify new opportunities for us to grow.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Blog content: You’ll own the content calendar, source and produce articles (both in house and in collaboration with guest writers), push articles through a review and editing process, and publish them on our site.
- Email newsletter: You’ll plan, build, test, and send our recurring email newsletters as well as one-off email campaigns as needed.
- Social media: You’ll own our social media publishing calendar and strategize for how we show up on social media. You’ll be responsible for scheduling our social posts and monitoring engagements.
- Cross-department and communication collaboration: You may be called upon to collaborate on projects/tasks in other departments and facilitate communication across the entire company and outside international offices.
In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to further develop your marketing skills by assisting with the planning, coordination, execution, and measurement of one-off and evergreen marketing campaigns and other projects as needed. We’re looking for someone who is excited to learn new things and eager to move quickly.
What we’re looking for
- A passion for diving and the underwater world.
- Excellent wordsmithing skills. 1+ years of journalism and/or other professional writing experience as well as some editing experience is a plus.
- Strong design skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be a self-starter with good communication skills. You’ll be managing multiple campaigns and deadlines simultaneously, so you’ll need to be meticulous about details, smart about prioritization, and have excellent time management and organizational habits.
- Previous experience in a content marketing, community, or social media role.
- Fearlessness with a willingness to try new ideas, concepts, and be wrong (but definitely learn from the experience)
- Knowledge of/proficiency with: SEO, email marketing tools, social media scheduling tools, Google Analytics.
- Hubspot experience is a plus.
- Ability to work full-time at our world HQ in Stuart, Florida.*
- *Part-time marketing roles based in other regions may be considered.
- Competitive pay
- Health Insurance (US-Based Only)
- 401K program (US-Based Only)
- PTO and holiday vacations
- Ability to develop contacts in every facet of the scuba industry
- Working for a creative team that values your opinion
- Continuing education benefits
Sound right up your alley? Want to learn more? So do we! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials in whatever format you feel is best. But don’t stop there, give us a few reasons to really get excited about you – share your thoughts on:
- What would you do to our blog or Facebook/Instagram stream on day one? Why?
- Tell us about your diving experience – what was your greatest learning moment as a SCUBA diver?
- What’s the achievement in your life you’re most proud of? Or embarrassed by? (either one is fine – totally up to you!)
We are not looking for a novel here – just hoping to add some color to an otherwise typically boring resume/LinkedIn profile. We want to get to know you!
Our Hiring Process
We have a more thorough hiring process than most businesses. This is because we believe that the cost of a mis-hire is enormous for both an individual and a company. Our process consists of a couple of interviews, an analysis of your career history, and final reference checks. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our process. We want you to find the ideal position for your skillset and strengths.
This position reports to: Leadership Team
Apply to: email@example.com
Location: Stuart, FL