Who this experience is for:
This program is great for individuals or groups that want to experience the sport of freediving but don’t want to commit the time and money to a full course. This course may also be used as a team building challenge for groups. By the end of this experience, they can feel more confident in their abilities to overcome difficulties, or make a better-informed decision if freediving is the right choice. This course does not provide a certification.
- Minimum age 16 years, or 10 years with parent or guardian
- Comfortable in the water
What you can expect to learn:
- History of freediving
- Why freedive?
- Equipment introduction for freediving
- Introduction to in-water environment
- Physics and physiology of freediving
- Safety and problem management
- In-water skills introduction
PFI Introduction to Freediving Experience minimum requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete the PFI Introduction to Freediving Experience Knowledge Quests and final exam with a passing score of 80%, followed by 100% remediation by the Instructor
- Complete all open water requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
How do I take this Course!