Who this course is for:
The objective of these open line diving sessions is to provide individuals a training environment that allows them to practice diving and skills with a buddy. Freedivers are limited to training depths of 20m/66ft, Intermediate Freedivers to 40m/132ft and Advanced Freedivers to 60m/198ft, with the proper safety protocols in place, with Specialty Freediver areas governed by limits of that particular specialty or their primary certification.
- Minimum age of 18 years (10 with written consent of legal guardian)
- Certified as a PFI Freediver, PFI Intermediate Freediver, PFI
Advanced Freediver or equivalent
- For ‘Open Line Diving’ Freedivers must have finished a PFI course,
refresher, or coaching session in the last 6 months and provided proof of
such experience to the satisfaction of the PFI Freediver Supervisor
- Qualified Freedivers may participate in Open Line diving outside of the 6-month limitation if they have continually participated in Open Line Diving sessions and have proof in the form of a Freediving Record Card
- A PFI Freediver Supervisor may at any time require that a Qualified Freediver take a Coaching Session or Refresher if necessary before participating in Open Line Diving
What you can expect to learn:
- This program does not introduce skills or techniques of a higher level than what the freediver is certified as.
- Build muscle memory of skills so you can better focus on other techniques.
- Refine your existing skills to better prepare you for the next level course.
- Have fun with friends practicing your diving techniques under supervision.
How do I take this Course!