Professional Liability Insurance
For Instructors and Dive Centers
DiveAssure’s brand new liability plan is your best choice when looking for the right protection. With the highest and most comprehensive coverage, this plan offers all the coverage that you need and more, at the most competitive and affordable rates.
Liability coverage is mandatory by law in many countries. Accidents do happen and liability may exist that can ruin one’s personal wealth and health. The premium for liability insurance may possibly be one’s best investment ever, if circumstances turn bad. DiveAssure’s new liability insurance plan is underwritten by CNA Hardy – a leading global insurance company, and provides excellent coverage to dive centers and diving professionals at extremely competitive rates. With DiveAssure’s 20+ years of experience in the diving industry, and with an international and multilingual customer service call center at your service, you are definitely in good hands.
The DiveAssure liability program is endorsed by International Training for anyone teaching or providing dive trips outside of the US. Coverage is available to DiveAssure members world-wide excluding the USA and US territories.
Policy’s “Must Have” Benefits
- Public liability (e.g. slips and falls, property damage or injury caused by diving boats)
- Product liability (e.g. claims as a result of faulty products – sold or rented, equipment repair, air fills)
- Claims alleging negligence (e.g. diving accidents, in-water accidents)•Liability relating to diving boats (up to 12 meters)
- Tour operator liability
- Water sports including jet-ski etc.
- Environmental liability (e.g. claims as a result of emission of polluting substances)
Main Advantages – At a Glance
- Highest limits: €20,000,000 per claim, €40,000,000 aggregate
- Most comprehensive coverage available in the industry
- Occurrence policy with gap coverage at no charge
- Very competitive rates
- Named individual coverage to all pros – covering them also outside their work in the dive center
The policy is an ‘Occurrence Policy’. This means that any covered occurrence that happens throughout the time that the policy is effective is covered regardless of the time in which it becomes known to you. That also means that when you will stop teaching or sell or close your business, you will not have to worry about purchasing “run off” coverage. If you are crossing over to us from a “claims made” policy, we will cover the gap between the two policies at no charge.
Check Out Our Rates and Save
Despite the superior coverage and the high limits, you will find out that in most cases, our rates are significantly lower compared to other providers. Our rates include your membership fee, service fees and local taxes.
The DiveAssure Association was founded in 1999 with a goal of providing scuba divers with everything they might need in the area of diving insurance and medical assistance. Since then, new programs have been added, refined and perfected, as we have listened to our clients and learned their needs. We now offer to divers and the industry a variety of superb Insurance programs to cover all needs. For over 18 years, DiveAssure has offered the best dive-travel and diving accident insurance programs and as of January 1st 2018; a liability program is available too, with the most comprehensive coverage and the highest limits in the industry.
Insurance to DiveAssure members is provided by CNA Hardy. CNA Hardy is part of CNA Financial Corp, the 8th largest U.S. commercial property and casualty insurance company. Established in 1897, CNA has approximately 7,000 employees, serving businesses and professionals in the U.S., Canada, Europe and Asia.
DiveAssure Partners Get Even More…
As if our liability rates are not so very attractive already, current DiveAssure business partners as well as new ones receive an additional discount on top. DiveAssure partners earn from offering our accident and travel products to their clients and get referral fees year-after-year, as well as a 10%-20% discount on our already attractive liability rates.
Who is eligible for coverage?
Coverage is provided to DiveAssure members through a group policy issued by CNA Hardy and is available to the following:
- Diving facilities and dive centers whether self-contained, located within resorts or on Liveaboard
- Diving professionals of all levels – whether working as employees within a covered dive center or freelancers/independent professionals
- Diving and teaching must be done in full compliance with one of the approved certifying agencies listed in the DiveAssure website
Local policies are issued in each locality where service is requested. While the program is subject to global jurisdiction, coverage is NOT AVAILABLE to diving professionals and facilities operating in the USA and US territories. For the full list of countries covered by this program, please call DiveAssure at +1-866-898-0921.