Who this course is for:
- Wish to know more about the visual inspection procedures used in the compressed gas industry, not just scuba
- Wish to know how to properly handle high pressure cylinders
- Will be working with high pressure cylinders as part of their employment
What you can expect to learn:
The International Training VIP Inspector eLearning course serves two main functions:
- Completion of the online portion of this course meets the OSHA regulations for awareness level training for anyone who handles high pressure cylinders as part of their job duties. Any dive center employee handling cylinders should complete this training prior to handling cylinders. Many divers may benefit from this knowledge as well.
- Serves as the academic material for the VIP Inspector course, developing a student’s knowledge base and preparing them for the hands-on training components of the VIP Inspector course with their instructor.
The SDI Visual Inspections Procedures course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- Legal requirements, standards of the community
- Safe handling of cylinders
- Fill station operator rules and recommendations
- Identification of the various cylinder markings
- Legal/illegal filling requirements
- Filling procedures
- Tools and their uses
- Visual inspection indications
- Proper identification of the various defect conditions
- Criteria for rejection and condemnation of a cylinder
- Define the criteria for cylinder rejection
- Define the criteria for condemning a cylinder
- Other services
- Valve inspection and cleaning
- Compressor operations
- oxygen cleaning
- The basis for cylinder cleaning
- Visual inspection procedures
- Step by step walk-through of the inspection process
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course graduates may:
- Visually inspect high-pressure scuba cylinders for defective conditions that could cause a cylinder failure
- Train fill station operators (FSO) in the safe methods of handling, transporting and filling of high-pressure scuba cylinders
Also, the SDI VIP certification counts towards a single specialty rating to achieve the SDI Advanced Diver Development Program.
SDI Visual Inspection Procedures minimum requirements:
- Inspect a cylinder during the program
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Visual Inspection written examination with a score of at least 80%
- Demonstrate the ability to identify those conditions in a cylinder that would reject or condemn
How to take this course!
Course Standards & Procedures