SDI Indoor Diver
In recent years, deep indoor diving pools have started cropping up around the world, becoming increasingly popular destinations for divers of all levels. These facilities offer a unique scuba diving experience for new and seasoned divers alike. This introductory-level scuba diving course is designed to teach you how to complete dives in a deep indoor pool, as opposed to an outdoor body of water such as the ocean, a lake, or a quarry. Upon completion of this course and being issued the SDI Indoor Diver certification, you will be certified to conduct pool dives in conditions similar to those that you were trained in. The advantages to scuba diving in these pools are many:
- Climate controlled – you do not have to worry about sunburn or get dressed for the cold
- Water is a constant temperature – You know what you are going to get year-round
- The weather outside does not matter, it’s always beautiful inside
- The water is clean and clear
- There is no boat schedule you must follow nor tricky shore entries
- Pretty much all the logistics have been taken care of
Who this course is for:
- Those who would like to dive in deep, indoor pools
- Those who would like to experience scuba in areas where other forms of diving are inaccessible
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn:
The SDI Indoor Diver course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge needed for deep pool diving, including:
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance
- Dive planning
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures
- And much more!
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of the SDI Indoor Diver course, graduates may:
- Conduct indoor pool dives in conditions similar to their training
- Continue their dive education by enrolling in the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course
SDI Indoor Diver minimum requirements:
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver knowledge quests
- Complete all indoor diver requirements safely and efficiently
How to take this course!
- Find your local Dive Center: Click here!
- Course Cost: Contact your local dive shop for pricing information