Who this course is for:
- Persons desiring to obtain a Scuba Diving certification
- Persons interested in underwater exploration
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
See Junior Open Water Scuba Diver Course here. (10 – 14 years old)
What you can expect to learn:
The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water scuba diving, including:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance
- Dive planning
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures
- And much more!
What’s in it for you:
Upon successful completion of the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course, graduates may:
- Conduct open water dives in conditions similar to their training
- Continue their dive education by enrolling in SDI Advanced Diver and Specialty courses
SDI Open Water Scuba Diver minimum requirements:
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver knowledge quests or equivalent online learning course
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently
How do I take this course?
- Take it online. SDI Open Water is available in eLearning:
- Find your local dive center
- Course Cost: $133.85 USD for eLearning only. Pool and open water training not included. Contact your local dive shop for the full course cost.
eLearning available in English, Español, Deutsch, 简体中文, Русский, Italiano, Português – Brasil, Français, Polski, Bahasa Melayu, Indonesian, Slovenčina, 日本語, עברית, Nederlands, 한국어, 正體中文. Get Started »
Course Standards & Procedures