What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in snorkeling activities without direct supervision of the SDI Instructor* so long as the following limits are adhered to:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
*Note: Junior snorkelers (ages 4-14) must participate in snorkeling activities with a parent, guardian, or dive professional.
SDI Snorkeler Diver minimum requirements:
- Complete all open water requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
How do I take this course?
- Take it online. SDI Snorkeler is available in eLearning:
- Find your local dive center
- We have a FREE Demo course to try out.
- Course Cost: $4.99 USD for eLearning only. Pool and open water training not included. Contact your local dive shop for full course cost.
Minimum age 18, 4 with parental consent
Course Standards & Procedures