Full Cave Instructor
Far and above, the TDI Cave Diving Instructor rating is an outstanding accomplishment few can claim. Arriving at Cave Diving Instructor Evaluation, the candidate has conducted at least three Intro to Cave Diving courses as well as having assisted in at least one Cave Diver Course. Following the format as Cavern and Intro, the candidate, having been recommended a TDI Cave Instructor, will demonstrate many of the Intro skills as well as now adding academic subjects such as gas matching procedures for example. Additional in-water skills include air sharing through restrictions, lights out drills and traverses, gaps and circuits.
Full Cave Instructor Prerequisites:
- Minimum age 21
- Be a certified as an open water instructor in active teaching status with an internationally recognized scuba training agency for at least 2 years
- Have a minimum certification of TDI Introductory Cave Instructor or equivalent (e.g. NACD, and NSS-CDS), with active teaching status
- Provide proof of at least 200 full-cave dives
- Provide proof of teaching a minimum of 3 TDI Introductory Cave Diver courses
- Provide proof of assisting with a minimum of 1 complete TDI Full Cave Diver course with an active TDI Full Cave Diver Instructor
- Provide recommendation from a minimum of 1 TDI Full Cave Diver Instructor with whom the candidate has assisted in cave training, stating the candidate is prepared for the TDI Full Cave Diver Instructor Evaluation Program. *
*The TDI Full Cave Diver Instructor candidate must work with a minimum of 1 TDI Full Cave Diver Instructor and 1 TDI Full Cave Evaluator. The final TDI Full Cave Evaluator cannot give the candidate’s recommendation to enter in the TDI Full Cave Diver Instructor course.