Mixed Gas Closed Circuit Rebreather Instructor
This is the instructor level certification course for instructors wishing to teach the mixed gas closed circuit rebreather course. The objective of this course is to train instructors to teach mixed gas rebreather diving and to develop technical rebreather diving skills appropriate to diving to a maximum depth of 60 metres / 200 feet or the maximum depth set by the manufacturer of the specific unit, using trimix with 16 percent oxygen (O2) or greater. This course is manufacturer specific. Units include Inspiration/Evolution, KISS, Optima, Megalodon, rEvo, Ouroboros, Titian, Pelagian and the Sentinel.
Some of the subject areas are:
- Electronic Systems Design and Maintenance
- Gas Physiology
- Demonstrate a complete systems check and rebreather configuration
- Properly execute the break down and maintenance of rebreather
Mixed Gas Closed Circuit Rebreather Instructor Prerequisites:
- Minimum age 21
- TDI CCR Air Diluent Decompression Procedures (unit specific) Instructor (or equivalent) with 15 students taught and 1 year teaching experience on the unit specific CCR
- TDI Open Circuit Trimix Instructor 100 metres / 330 feet full rating or equivalent, with 15 students taught and 1 further year teaching experience of Trimix open circuit
- Properly verified proof of 30 logged mixed gas dives on a rebreather with 15 logged dives beyond 65 metres / 215 feet
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may teach the TDI Mixed Gas Closed Circuit Rebreather Course not to exceed the manufacturers designed depth maximum of 60 metres / 200 feet with mixed gas diluent.