(provided by Scuba Travel International… your personal travel guide)
When you take a vacation, you want to enjoy every second of it. But we all know how stressful the traveling process can be, and forgetting something can put a damper on the whole trip. Here is a complete checklist of travel tips so you can rest assured that everything is accounted for before you leave and while you’re away!
Before You Leave:
* Make 2 sets of copies of your passports, paper or electronic airline tickets, flight itineraries and contact phone numbers. Leave one with family and take one with you, making sure to pack in a different piece of luggage than the originals.
* Check the expiration date on your passport – it must be valid for 6 months after your return date. Also check to see if there are any visa requirements for the destination(s) you are traveling to.
* Stop regular deliveries like mail or water, or have a friend help with collection of these items.
* Notify your bank and/or credit card company that you are traveling and notate your accounts with the destination(s).
* If you are planning on bringing your cell phone, contact your provider to set up service if available in the area you are traveling to.
* If you take prescription medication, make sure you have twice as much as needed to bring with you. This is really important if you are traveling to remote areas.
* Keep these medications with you at all times (DO NOT check medications through baggage, just in case they your bags are lost).
* Make sure your dive equipment is in working order by getting it serviced by your local dive shop.
* Before selecting luggage and packing, check airline luggage guidelines for size and weight restrictions. Also make sure there is no luggage embargo for your travel dates.
* When traveling with cash, beware that some destinations require US bank notes to be printed in certain years and to be in “like new” condition with no markings.
* Remember to pack your C-card/Nitrox card.
* Keep Passport and airline tickets/vouchers in carry-on bags; do not let these get checked through for ANY reason.
* Check TSA for current regulations.
* Check the weather throughout the week before you leave and pack accordingly.
* Pack lightly and put your heaviest items at the bottom of your bag to insure bag remains upright.
* Keep prescription medications in the original containers and essential medications in your carry-on bag.
* Remove batteries from all electronics in your checked luggage.
* Print out this checklist as you prepare for your trip so you can sit back, relax and enjoy your trip to its fullest.