Who this course is for:
- Any public safety professional who would like to assist with ice rescue operations on a non-diving role
- Any public safety professional who performs missions on or around frozen bodies of water
- Any public safety dive team professional who has not been formally trained for surface ice rescue
- Miniumum age 18
- CPR 1st or equivalent
What you can expect to learn:
ERD Surface Ice Rescue students will learn how to approach several types of victims in varying environments as a primary tender, primary rescue, backup rescuer and backup tender. Students will understand, perform and master ice rescue decision making processes. ERD Surface Ice Rescue students will have exposure to the use and importance of surface ice rescue equipment and should prepare to spend several hours in PFDs/immersion suits.
- Pre rescue planning; equipment and rescuer selection
- Proper donning and utilization of immersion protection
- Ice assessment and sight preparation for rescuers and tenders
- Submersion victim extraction and transportation
- Self rescue techniques
What’s in it for you and your team?
- Standardized training to increase the capabilities and support from each team member
ERD Surface Ice Rescue Ops level minimum requirements:
- Demonstrate proficiency in scene assessment, rescue techniques, equipment donning, victim extraction
How to take this course!
- Find your local ERDI Dive Center: here
- Find an Instructor for this Course: here
Course Standards & Procedures