ERDI Contaminated Water Diver Ops
The ERDI Diving in Contaminated Water Ops Component is one of the most challenging public safety diver training programs.
Who is this course for:
- Any PS diver that enters a: river, stream, pond, or lake and disturbs the bottom
- Any PS diver that enters the water where a vehicle, light aircraft, or human/animal remains could be
- Any PS diver who is not familiar with the four generally accepted classifications of contaminated water
What you can expect to learn:
- How to prepare for contaminated water before you enter
- What to do once you are out of the water
- Proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of your PPE
Divers should be prepared to spend long hours in their PPE as well as cleaning PPE and demonstrate proficiency in all contaminated water skills and techniques, dive assessment and parameters, and a high level of awareness. Dives incorporate hazard recognition and handling, use of specialized equipment; decontamination equipment, full face mask and surface supplied air delivery systems require additional training.
What’s in it for you and your team: safety and awareness, giving you and your team more tools for environmental risk assessment resulting in short and long term health benefits.
ERD Contaminated Water Ops Technician level minimum requirements:
- One confined water session
- Two dives with a minimum of 30 minutes bottom time
- Post dive decontamination exercises
How to Take This Course?
- Available as an Online Course: Start eLearning today!
- Find an Instructor for this Course: here.
- Find your local Dive Center: here.
- Course Cost: $123.55 USD for eLearning only. Pool and open water training not included. Contact your local dive shop for the full course cost.