PFI Introduction to Freediving
This experience is a non-certification program designed to give participants a taste of what freediver training is all about. Participants will learn the basics about freediving with limited depth, time and distance.
Who this experience is for:
This program is great for individuals or groups that want to experience the sport of freediving but don’t want to commit the time and money to a full course. This course may also be used as a team building challenge for groups. By the end of this experience, they can feel more confident in their abilities to overcome difficulties, or make a better-informed decision if freediving is the right choice. This course does not provide a certification.
- Minimum age 16 years, or 10 years with parent or guardian
- Comfortable in the water
What you can expect to learn:
- History of freediving
- Why freedive?
- Equipment introduction for freediving
- Introduction to in-water environment
- Physics and physiology of freediving
- Safety and problem management
- In-water skills introduction